Coby CA-747 Dual Position CD/MD/MP3 Cassette Adapter

|

fat loss factor review


Coby CA-747 Dual Position CD/MD/MP3 Cassette Adapter Review. COBY DUAL POSITION CD/MD...

 "Excellent Product" 2005-10-26
By R. Penny (New Braunfels, TX USA)

This is an excellent product. I have been using it to connect my portable MP3 player to my car audio system. I have been using it daily for over a month and it work EXACTLY as it should. The sound is truely excellent and indistinguishable in quality from my car radio or CD player. The construction quality also seems to be excellent.



One thing I especially like is the coiled cord. I had used a similar product some years ago and the long connecting cord was always an inconvenience - it would hang down and get in the way during use. When you wanted to store the item in the glove box, it would just add to the clutter. With this product the cord stays neatly coiled and out of the way - it does not clutter the dashboard or floor area and is easy to store.



One thing to keep in mind when using any product like this - some (but not all) car tape players have a "skip" mode. When a tape player's "skip" mode is active, it listens for silent portions of the tape. If it is detects any silence for more than a few seconds, it will automatically go into fast forward until it "hears" sound again. If your tape player has a "skip" mode, be sure to cancel this mode - i.e., put the player in "normal" play mode. Otherwise, you will find the tape player trying to "fast forward" over any silent portions of your audio feed.



I would highly recommend this product.

 "Fixing the auto reverse problem" 2007-05-24
By KS (Ohio)

I just received my unit and was aware of the possible problem with auto reverse when I bought it. But being unhappy with the quality of FM transmitters, I thought the price was worth the risk. When I plugged the Coby into my car cassette it did a couple of auto reverses and then spit the Coby out. Having read the review from 3/07 about taking the unit apart and removing the center gear, I got out my small Philips and had at it(2 screws on one side and a bunch on the other). Be careful because the parts inside the cassette fall out pretty easily. But removing the center gear worked and the sound is very good except for a little clatter from the cassette. I would guess highway noise will cover that up.

 "The Coby works great!" 2006-01-06
By Peter H. Schmidt (Lexington, MA United States)

I just got mine, and have tried it in two different front loading car players. It sounds terrific in both. However, the second player is smart, and almost outsmarted me. :-) I found that, if the music isn't playing through the Coby when it is inserted, the player doesn't think a tape is there, and it won't enter play mode. If you turn the volume all the way up, you can hear a fuzzy version of the music anyway, which confused me for an hour or so. Once I realized the music needed to be on, and the Coby plugged into my iPod before putting it into the cassette player, it started working perfectly. Keep this in mind if you have trouble with yours...

Highly recommended!

 "Another tip for systems that eject the Coby CA-747" 2006-07-19
By arisdad (Silver Spring, MD USA)

Clean the heads of the cassette deck per the usual schedule. My Coby CA-747 works exactly as it should as long as I keep the heads clean.



Great value for the price, particularly if you just want to hear your portable over the car speakers and you're not looking for the highest fidelity. And still sounds infinitely better than the wireless FM transmitter I replaced.

 "Works Flawlessly.....Until" 2007-04-12
By Greg Klecan (Portland, OR)

I bought this adapter for my car, it works flawlessly!! However, there is this a warning that says not to leave the adapter in the cassette player while the car is off...I did it just once overnight and it was ruined, luckily, these can be picked up economically. I highly recommend this adapter...and I highly recommend not leaving in the cassette player.


fat loss factor review