Meguiar's W8006 6.5-Inch Soft Buff Foam Polishing Pad

|

fat loss factor review


Meguiar's W8006 6.5-Inch Soft Buff Foam Polishing Pad Review.

 "Meguiar's Soft Buff Foam Polishing Pad" 2008-11-16
By Good Gora (Marshfield, WI USA)

I was suprised how well and how easy they worked even on an extended van. It saves wear and tear on the shoulders.

 "Works well" 2010-07-16
By V. Chia

The pad works well. I use these primarily not for polishing but for applying glaze, but works well as a polishing pad. Either way, you should have several of these on hand if you're doing a job as you might need to swap out the pad for a fresh one as you saturate the pad with compound. Seems durable, already used a single pad on 4 jobs and still looks relatively new. I can't comment on much more because the rest is down to technique.

 "Excellent buy" 2009-09-12
By S. Kumar (NY, NY)

I couldnt find this product in any stores and so i bought it from amazon. Works great like it supposed to. No problems.

 "Foam Pads Work Great (with a little problem)" 2008-06-20
By William W. Ofca (Hyde Park, NY)

I purchased and used these foam pads with my orbital sander machine and they worked great and did a fabulous job a polishing my boat. The small problem is how it attached to my orbital sander backing pad, which is a hook & loop type (Velcro). The backing of the foam pad is made for this type of attachment, but has a small fiber profile. The fibers should be larger and more aggressive for better holding power to the machine. After a short while of use, the foam pad would fly off the machine when I let go of the trigger and moved away from the surface I was polishing. I managed to finish the job by holding the machine and foam pad against the surface until it came to a full stop before removing the machine away. I never have this problem when using sanding disks.

 "Requires Expensive Backing Plate" 2009-05-02
By Larry F. Rogers (Aplace, MA USA)

This may be a great product from a functional standpoint, but it requires an expensive backing plate be purchased as well.



Be aware that if you are purchasing this pad for your polisher, you have to purchase the backing plate as well or it is USELESS.


fat loss factor review