Duracell DPP-600HD Powerpack 600 Jump Starter & Emergency Power Source with Radio

|

fat loss factor review


Duracell DPP-600HD Powerpack 600 Jump Starter & Emergency Power Source with Radio Review.

 "super power supply" 2008-07-08
By Douglas Schifter (Thornhurst, Pa. USA)

I got stuck last week with my car's alternator and battery being dead. This unit started my car 4 times that night and I actually used the supply to power the car so I could drive it an extra block to avoid paying a tow charge. It powers my hungry laptop for up to 4 hours between charges. I can't reccomend this power supply more....all aces

 "Flawless Performance!" 2009-11-14
By J. Harmon (Too Far from the Wild)

Went shopping for an affordable solution to allow me to use my CPAP machine while car-camping. A secondary use would be to power the CPAP during infrequent power outages. After doing extensive shopping on Amazon, internet searches and local "brick and mortar" stores, I choose the Duracell DPP-600HD Powerpack.



Since the unit was delivered, I fully charged it (per instructions) and have taken it on two outings. I am very happy to report that it has performed flawlessly! Both outings were for two nights each. On the first outing, I had no opportunity to recharge the unit during the day, so I operated my CPAP without the optional humidifier. After the first night, the charge was down to 40%; so I expected the unit to die during the second night. Surprisingly, it didn't and operated my CPAP throughout the second night.



On the second outing, I had the ability to recharge it during the day and used the humidifier. Based on the rated watts/hour of the CPAP with humidifier, the Duracell 600 should not have powered the unit all night. However, it did!



I used the built in light just to make sure it worked (it did). May use it during a power outage, but will probably save the charge for the CPAP. Tried out the radio and it worked fine (even in camp). Good reception, but, as fully expected, lousy sound... AC/DC outlets both functioned well.



This unit scores high on price and functionality. I'm checking in to solar charges to take with me camping - this will let me take on a week-long scout camp next summer.

 "this thing DELIVERS" 2008-07-21
By Mark A. Sandberg

I had originally purchased Sears' version -- which was quickly returned. It had an air compressor that would overheat the unit, and to run DC source, the inverter needed to be turned on and was so loud i could not hear my radio.



I've used this Duracell600 a few times now and it is awesome. Ran my Bose Wave radio on the beach all day, 4 days in a row (would recharge at night) - and the day I left the beachhouse, my truck's battery was completely dead. Pulled this thing out and jumped it on the first try. This thing really is sweet.

 "The product you secretly can't wait to use?" 2008-11-10
By SRB (Texas)

When Hurricane Ike took us out in Texas we were without power for about a week. Many others were without for so much longer. I was pretty stocked up on batteries and even a shake light or 2 and a Grundig crank radio. A lot of people in my neighborhood had gas generators and I was tempted to get one also but doing the math - people were spending $50 a day to basically keep their refrigerator running. It didn't make sense to me to spend $50 a day to keep about $100 in food cold for a week. Thats a few hundred dollars a week and you can't really use a generator to run your air conditioner either.



So when I saw this battery pack I thought it was worth a shot. I really haven't had a chance to use it during an emergency but after fully charging it up I checked it out. I was able to run my laptop all night and it still had power left. I was also able to run a few small fans with no problem. The trick here is small - don't try to plug your room cooling Vornado into this, we're talking small appliances.



I think the usage here is like this. If the power goes out, you have a portable big honkin' battery pack you can take from room to room and power stuff. Need to make some coffee, take it into the kitchen and plug in the coffee pot. Need to access your laptop or charge your cell phone or such, its perfect for that.



I think it'll be great for camping also. It comes jumper cables and claims to be able to jump your car - can't attest to that but nice to know I have the option. It also comes with an adapter to charge from the wall and also to charge FROM your car. Thats a pretty neat idea. During Ike, I was charging phones & such in the car as we went to the store and one errands. Not sure how long it would take to charge but take this with you and let it charge up while you are out and about.



All in all I secretly can't wait for an excuse to use this product. Its solidly built, has a light and a radio built it. The light should be LED really, but its the old fashioned bulb kind.

 "Duracell Powerpack - Great Idea" 2007-12-11
By J Nats- (northeast US)

Great Product- Built well and very handy.

I use it for camping and have it handy for power outage, it keps the phones and TV's running

It is like a little generator, except lighter and quiet, I recommend this product- lots of uses!


fat loss factor review