Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack

|

fat loss factor review


Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack Review.

 "This sturdy bike rack is easy to use, stylish, and functional" 2006-09-07
By L. T. Beasimer (Dallas, TX)

The Saris Bones 805 2-bike trunk mount rack stylishly mounts on a cars trunk, securely holding two bikes. Made of curved adjustable plastic arms and legs, this rack will mount over most spoilers and holds each bike at slightly different levels. When not in use, the rack will fold up into a compact block.



To secure the rack to the auto's trunk, position the arms and legs, and place the largest clip hooked around the top of the trunk. The medium sized clips hook along the sides and the smallest clips hook on the bottom of the trunk. Once in place tighten the straps to secure.



Now the rack is ready for the bikes. Each bike is secured to the rack with three quick fasten ratcheting straps. One strap wraps around the seat tube while the other two secure the top tube. The next bike goes on in the opposite direction with the same fastening straps in reverse. Women's bikes may require a crossbar adapter for proper fastening.



This sturdy bike rack is easy to use, stylish, and functional. Saris is so confident in the quality of this system, that they provide a lifetime warranty.



PROS:

Simple to install and remove

Designed for all weather use

Lifetime warranty



CONS:

Front tire is permitted limited movement

Does not secure to the auto in a way that can deter theft

 "Worth every penny" 2006-09-18
By Scott D. Estes (LaGrange, Kentucky USA)

I did a lot of looking before purchasing this rack. I ended up buying it at a local bike shop because I wanted to see it first. I have a Honda Accord coupe - 2 door - and the fit is just right for the car. We also have a van and the abiltiy to work on both is very handy. Setup is easy and the bikes are held firmly. I had used another rack previously that was loaned by a friend. It was very unstable compared to the Saris Bones.....

 "Excellent Rack" 2006-11-02
By E. Lacy (New Paltz, NY)

I have had a few different racks in the same price range. This is by far the BEST rack I have ever bought. The first time I used it, I traveled 600 miles- the bike didn't move. It's not hard to set up and really grips the bike - I highly recommend it.

 "Easy to use, sturdy" 2009-05-15
By Frank J. Perricone (People's Republic of Vermont)

It's surprising how easy it is to strap this onto my Prius and pull it back off. It only takes about 2-3 minutes to put it into place, and the same again to put two bikes on it. It took a bit of getting used to how the tie straps work, but once I did, it's quick and easy. The rack is also very light. But the bikes stay very firmly in place. We drove four hours with these over both small state roads and interstate highways, and the bikes barely wobbled, we never feared them sliding or falling off.

 "Great Rack!" 2007-08-30
By M. Spohn

I love this rack. Have used it for over a month with no problems and no worry. Just took a 400 miles trip (freeway and city)and the bikes did great. I love how the Saris holds the bike will away from the trunk and the bumper. No more bumper scratches. I found when placing 2 bikes on the rack it helps to have another person lift the bikes and the other person retighten the straps to take out the slack, if you don't do this the top leg will not sit firmly on the trunk. I love this rack..I literally don't think about the bikes...I just know they are well supported and safe.


fat loss factor review