Actron CP9410 PocketScan Plus Diagnostic Code Reader for OBDII Vehicles

|

fat loss factor review


Actron CP9410 PocketScan Plus Diagnostic Code Reader for OBDII Vehicles Review.

 "Great scanner for do-it-yourselfer" 2008-07-22
By James Butler (Dayton, OH; USA)

First scanner I received was faulty - the display had a lot of dead pixels. Amazon replaced it very quickly - as usual! Second unit is great. Reads codes and pending codes, can turn off the dreaded Check Engine Light. Extensive online resource from the manufacturer can assist in narrowing down the possible causes of the codes and Check Engine Light. Very easy to use, once you learn all the special lingo.

Probably not rugged enough for professional/daily use, but great for the average home user. I would say the "weakest link" would be the cable, where it joins the unit. The stress-reliever could be more robust. For the money I think it's the best, and I checked out dozens.

 "It does what is is supposed to do" 2009-02-25
By Ronald G. Glover (Edmond, OK United States)

I am a complete novice with OBD tools. I have never used one before. I have an old truck that's check engine light came on some months ago. A mechanic turned it off for me and it did not come back on again until recently. I needed a tool to find out if I had a real problem or an anomaly, so I bought this tool.

The owner's manual directions that come with it are explicit and clear, thus making the tool extremely user friendly. Within a matter of moments I had the troubles diagnosed and then, seeing that they were the same codes as before, I turned the check engine light off again myself. The tool does that as well, which is wonderful. The tool's display is back lit so it is easy to read the codes in a dimly lit environment such as a gagage.

NOTE However. I had difficulty disconnecting the tool from the truck. I figured there was some sort of mechanical snap lock holding it on, but I could not find it. I had to call the 1-800 help line number they have in the users manual to find out how to disconnect it. It turns out that ALL OBD II connectors are, by law, a friction fit and there is no snap lock holding it on. All one must do is hold the vehicle's part of the connection and wiggle and pull the tool's connector part off. This information is not the owner's manual.



 "Save time and money" 2008-09-15
By Larry (Lilburn, Georgia United States)

If you get the dreaded CEL and need to know what is causing it to illuminate, this is the tool for you. Designed for the home mechanic, it is complete with easy to use interface and large display. (great when you don't have your glasses on). I had a code in it that did not show up in their online database. I found it though, searching the internet for more Honda codes. Once you get the code, you have the option of clearing the MIL, which turns off the Light. Only shut off the CEL once you have solved the problem.

The tool also gives you all of the Readiness Monitors status. So, you can tell when it is OK to go for the emissions test.



 "Not compatible with some newer vehicles" 2009-05-29
By Douglas P. Collette (Boston area)

I recently purchased the CP9410 because of its low cost and claimed ability to work with all OBD2 vehicles, including those with the newer CAN protocol. While it works fine with two pre-CAN Mazda vehicles, it failed to work with my wife's 2009 Hyundai Sonata which is CAN based. It keeps displaying a Link Error because it can't communicate with the vehicle's engine computer.



Actron's technical support asked me to go to Autozone to see if their scanner could read my wife's car. The local Autozone used an Actron CP9175 and it worked fine. Actron's tech support forwarded my problem to engineering to develop a new software release to correct this problem. Since this will take some time to develop, they offered to send me a CP9175 at no charge since we know it works with the 2009 Hyundai.



Actron's technical support was very helpful and their replacement of my unit with a more expensive model is superb customer support. It's refreshing to see a company that still stands behind their products and wants to keep their customers happy.

 "This little baby did the trick, and my 2000 Ford Ranger is purring like a lion." 2008-08-28
By Machaon (Miami)

I had a stupid "Check Engine" light on, for about two years. The truck ran worse and worse and finally was stalling out all the time. As you can tell, I hate bringing my truck in for servicing, just to get ripped off, my vehicle tampered with, and being treated badly. The Actron CP9410 is a handy little diagnostic tool. It told me that my Oxygen Sensor was not happy, which I researched on the Internet. I found out that the MAF (Mass Air Flow) should be cleaned, prior to looking into a problem with an Oxygen Sensor. So...... I cleaned the MAF. It took me 15 minutes to remove, clean and reinstall, and my truck is running like new. The CP9410 retrieves the OBD fault codes, and then, with installed batteries, you can sit in your home and examine the code(s) and information within the CP9410. Easy to use and very handy, since, due to strict, almost impossible government regulations, we are going to be stuck with "check engine" lights for a very long time.


fat loss factor review