TomTom GPS Dashboard Mount for TomTom GPS Navigators

|

fat loss factor review


TomTom GPS Dashboard Mount for TomTom GPS Navigators Review. TomTom Dashboard Mount. Beanbag/Friction style mount for easy setup and removal in vehicle. This mount works with all TomTom products and is a great alternative to windshield mounting your TomTom ONE, XL, or GO product....

 "this is a great little product!" 2009-02-15
By Moira Steele

I love my dash mount for my Tom-Tom. Attachments to the windshield can leave that tell-tale "footprint", an invitation to a break in. I grab the dash mount, I can put the whole thing in my trunk, under the dash behind a bag, nobody knows there is a GPS in the car. It's easier to adjust for the proper viewing, and I find it much less obstructing than the windshield mounts.

 "I purchased this for my Tom Tom XL 340-S & it was perfect" 2009-08-05
By Bladen's Mommy (Memphis, TN)

I purchased this for a my Tom Tom XL 340-S with the 4.3" screen and it worked perfectly. I originally tried the Bracketron UFM-100BL Nav-Mat GPS Friction Dash pad, sold on here, and the neck on the gps system was too short for it. I have a 2007 Corolla and my dash board is pretty flat, so this one was great. We traveled 16 hours, round trip with this and it never moved. I would recommend it if you have a Tom Tom system and a fairly flat dash board. I think it would work for other systems as well, as long as they have the suction cup attachment. I'm recommending this one to everyone. I will be posting photos of it in action shortly. So please check them out.

 "TomTom GPS Dashboard Mount" 2009-07-20
By Mel Morganstein (Charlotte, NC, USA)

Thanks to this gadget, I was able to overcome the problems created by TomTom's poorly designed mounting bracket that is far too short for the GPS and it's connector at the bottom. The bad design of the bracket that came with my TomTom, results in the GPS hitting the dash unless you tip it up at about a 45 degree angle, which sure makes it ridiculous to use and see.



TomTom gives you a disk for mounting their GPS on top of the dash where its easier to reach, etc., and less apt to fall (when it's stuck on the windshield), but the short arm on their bracket and range of the ball-joint makes it essentially impossible to mount it there! As a retired engineer, my opinion is that their bracket was a really dumb design. (I tried to point this out to TomTom but they did not really get back to me!)



This clever weighted dashboard mount allowed me to move the GPS closer to me to where I could hang the bottom of the GPS and power connection over the front edge of the dash, where no longer hit the top of the dash. This also brings the GPS a lot closer to you than when it's mounted on the windshield where its much easier to reach to use. Mounting the GPS makes it a lot less prone to fall off and get damaged since there is also less strain on the suction cup.



Another nice feature is that it makes it easy to pick up the whole

kaboodle and hide it somewhere when you park the car. GPS units are a great incentive target for car breakins, and hiding everything makes that a lot less likely. According to the police, you don't want to even leave the mounting bracket in plain site and this mount makes hiding it very easy.



My wife also uses this type of dashboard mount in her car with her GPS, where the windshield is even further away. She really loves it.

 "Love the dash mount" 2009-05-02
By J. Pounds (Florida)

My job entails a lot of off-road and secondary road driving. The mount is ideal for my situation as the suction cups fail to hold sometimes.

 "Great for the TOMTOM" 2009-02-06
By Robert W. Teagarden Jr. (Pennsylvania)

This item will work great. I do not have to hook the navigator to the window. Now when I leave the car I can pick up the whole unit and just set it in the trunk. Makes it so much easier. It is like a little pillow for the TomTom GPS.


fat loss factor review