Garmin 5-Inch Carrying Case (Black)

|

fat loss factor review


Garmin 5-Inch Carrying Case (Black) Review. The open window design of this new case allows the user to access the nuvi 1490T's Travel Companion features such as Route Planner....

 "Excellent case" 2009-11-06
By T. Nguyen (CA)

Good leather for the exterior. Nice cushion inside; it fits the 1490t snugly. The case is not bulky, but is also thick enough to protect the large screen.



There is a cut-out for the screen: perfect for pedestrian mode.



If you are planning on carrying the 1490t with you frequently (walking), this case would add a lot of security.





 "Perfect fit for the 1490t." 2009-10-21
By Darcal (Northern Jersey)

This case fits the Garmin nuvi 1490t perfectly. It has a magnetic closure which is excellent. The quality is also pretty good and is well made. There's a cutout once you open the flap so that you can view the screen of the 1490t which I have no use for since I only use my PND to navigate. But other than that, I highly recommend this case if you have a 1490t, especially since it's the only one available for this 5" screen PND.

 "Garmin Sat Nav 1490T Carrying Case" 2009-11-07
By 3cultures (Spain)

The Garmin sat nav carrying case for the 5" 1490T was or still is not available in the UK.

The 1490T is only 14mm thick and is perfect for carrying with you after leaving your car, without the necessity to hide the device in the car.

It is therefore necessary to have a carrying case, both for convenience and protection of the piano black finish of the the device.

I looked at several other cases and whilst, I am sure they would have fulfilled their purpose, they failed in matching the design and quality of the Garmin product.

If I wanted protection for the device immediately after it was received I had no choice but to buy the case through Amazon US.

The item was less expensive in the US but of course higher shipping costs were involved. For me it was worth it.

As usual with Amazon the service and despatch was both quick and efficient.

 "Quality case and beautiful looking" 2009-12-01
By Supersnake

There are no negatives, this is a quality made case. Perfect fit for my 1490T and looks beautiful.

Nice leather construction, when the lid opens your screen is enclosed in an open perimeter leather frame. When closed the leather closer remains closed by a magnetic clasp. Nothing cheap looking here. Very nice, thick padded leather with tight stitching. Perfect for transporting when using in pedestrian mode or when removed from your automobile.

 "Perfect for my 1490T" 2010-05-20
By R.R. Gentleman (Round Rock, Texas)

My 1490T got a big scratch across the screen after owning it for only 1 week. Immediately I knew I had to protect this fragile screen a bit better. I don't like trying to find aftermarket protection equipement, so when I found this on Amazon, I purchased it. Sure it's a little pricier than the others on the market, but the fit is perfect. It's not too tight or too big. It allows me to easily remove it from the case, or open the front flap and search for something quickly. There is a magnetic closure that keeps the flap closed. If I could think of one improvement it would be to design the flap to stay open a little easier when I am working with the unit in the case. The leather is a little too stiff on the hinge of the flap. Even with that small issue, I give this unit 5 stars. I highly recommend it if you're looking to protect your Garmin Navigation unit.


fat loss factor review