Garmin nüvi 765/765T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator (Factory Refurbished)

|

fat loss factor review


Garmin nüvi 765/765T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator (Factory Refurbished) Review.

 "The Goods" 2009-11-07
By John H. Williams (Pittsburgh PA)

Garmin with NavTeq maps is the way to go. Nearly perfect routing. Reliable maps. Very solid combination generally. This particular unit is an excellent combination of features and, as a refub, a stunning value.



The features that allow this device to stand out from most other Garmins are these: (1) Instant on and instant navigation when turned back on where it was turned off. (2) Lane assist in major cities in some intersections. (3) Multiple stops (Via Points) from your starting point to your destination (many Garmins don't do this). (4) Lifetime traffic. You have to put up with small, rather inconspicuous ads now and again, but it's really no big deal. (5) There is no antenna to extend. It's built into the base unit. (6) It's really, really sensitive. Really. Sensitive. Works great. (7) There are transparent images of large buildings and structures that aid somewhat in navigation but even more, are entertaining and interesting.



You really can't go wrong.



What does it lack? (1) Most notably, voice recognition. (2) MSN services, but that is scheduled to be shut off for lack of interest anyway.* (3) A way to turn off the navigation to carry it around listening to the MP3 player when you're out of the car. It's constantly finding GPS signals in the grocery store and announcing when it's lost the signal in the store. I certainly don't need that and certainly don't need the battery being drained trying to GPS while I'm in Barnes & Noble. It would be nice to be able to turn the GPS off while using other features, like the MP3 player and Audio Book player. (5) The FM transmitter that assists using the GPS and MP3 player with the car stereo is apparently as strong as the FCC permits, but it's still not strong enough to overcome competing stations in the city. It's just not a good connection. Too much noise. Some FM transmitters do better, and I've actually plugged my Garmin GPS's audio output into Belkin FM transmitters that seem to do a better (but still not great) job. (6) It doesn't have Europe on it. Just all of North America.



These really are niggling complaints. It's a great unit. I'm loving the instant on. didn't realize how much I'd like that until I got it.



[...]



Since I liked the first one so much, I bought two more. One for my wife and one for another vehicle. My views have not changed. This is really, really the right product for me. Highly recommended.

 "Maybe one of the best values in a GPS" 2009-11-24
By Donald Nelson (OH)

I already own a Garmin Zumo 550 that I move between my motorcycle and my car. Then my wife told me that she would like to have one so I started looking for another one. The Zumo 550 has been great but I didn't need the water proof and other features that add to the price of that one. After a lot of looking and comparing, I found that the 765T had all the features that most people really need at a very affordable price. Bluetooth capability, FM Modulator, MP3 and a great screen that is very easy to read. My wife is thrilled with it. Don't let the "re-manufactured" thing bother you. They are like brand new at a much lower price.

 "Love it, love it, love it!" 2009-10-22
By Maryland Mom

Selected this GPS after reading lots of reviews and comparing features we wanted compared to our old one, the Garmin 200w. Not techno-savvy, I set it up by myself and had no trouble registering or setting up the bluetooth with my phone. Took it out for a "spin" right away and found many features to really appreciate. The bluetooth worked fine, sounded a little like speaker phone but that is to be expected. Haven't had occasion to see how the traffic feature works yet, or the MP3, but overall am quite satisfied with this GPS.

 "Pretty awesome toy!" 2009-11-17
By Jose Rodriguez (Cincinnati, OH United States)

After doing extensive web research, this was the best GPS at a great price. My only CON is that I can not get my Treo 650 to work properly on it through the Bluetooth. Otherwise is great.

 "Lost without it!" 2009-11-19
By Intrepid Explorer (Nashville, TN, US)

As someone who travels extensively, I'd be lost without it. Not just the maps but the other great features as well. I purchased the refurb because Garmin had upgraded it from just the 765 to the 765T which includes the traffic receiver. The traffic receiver (fm) also allows me to hear my garmin through my car stereo which is very useful when connected via bluetooth to my phone. I download books to my Garmin and I play them through the stereo too.



I have yet to see the lane assist work, I guess I don't travel in areas that support this map feature. I'm looking forward to seeing it work.



I beleive that this was a great value buy. Highly recommended!


fat loss factor review