Case Logic GPSP-2 Professional GPS Case for 4.3-Inch Flatscreen GPS Navigators

|

fat loss factor review


Case Logic GPSP-2 Professional GPS Case for 4.3-Inch Flatscreen GPS Navigators Review.

 "Great Case, Not too small!" 2008-05-29
By Archtop

I purchased this case for the Garmin 760. I'm not sure why the other reviewer mentioned it did not fit the 760

but my brand new Garmin 760 fits perfectly inside with extra space! There is 1 inch of extra room on the top and 1/4" on each side. and plenty of room on top to close the zippered lid. All this while slipped into the mesh screened pocket inside.

It came with a soft cloth and wrist strap with a swivel clasp to connect to the case.

This is an awesome case with a little extra room for a memory card and protective shields.

 "Great little case!" 2008-12-01
By V. Robinson (McDonough, Georgia United States)

I'm very pleased with my choice. I wanted something that would protect our new gps and this does the job very well. The case is very hard and zippers the gps screen in. Eliminating the possibility of it sliding out of it's case. A lot of the cases I looked at didn't mention the exact gps model we purchased, which has the larger 4.3 inch screen (garmin nuvi, 255W). This case does the job, very well. I looked at purchasing a case that would hold everything, but each one I found wasn't large enough. So,I decided to get this small case, which can also be carried in one's purse. When we get to our destination, we place the screen in the case and everything else (friction stand and connection cord) in a tote bag I already had, which keeps everything together. This has worked out great and a lot cheaper too!

 "Economical and just enough storage!" 2009-01-21
By Stephen Thorud (Portland, OR)

This product has a few negative reviews and after receiving it from Amazon I have no idea why. First of all it is a stiff case. It's slightly flexible but still rigid enough to provide good protection for the GPS unit and everything else inside. I was amazed that I was able to fit the GPS unit, the car charger cord, the suction mount and the adapter for my Nuvi 760 all in the bag and it zipped up easily! It's just big enough to fit everything required for the GPS without any extra bulk to take up space in your suit case, laptop bag, glove box, etc.

The GPS unit slips out of the inside pocket easily and there is a bit extra padding next to the pocket to keep the screen on the GPS from getting crushed.

Excellent product and I'm glad I didn't let the negative reviews sway me from purchasing it!

 "Good-looking and Useful Accessory" 2008-11-25
By Donald C. Thompson (Miami, Florida, USA)

This case is a useful accessory for any 4.3-inch, flat-screen GPS unit like my Garmin Nuvi 760. The price at $20 may be higher than some, but it is much more secure and protective than the Garmin cases, which are more like wallet/sleeves than cases. It also has an attractive, modern look to it.

Inside, there is a web netting dividing the interior, which could be used to carry notes, cash or the micro-fiber cloth that comes with it. The case is semi-rigid, and has two substantial stainless-steel zippers to secure it closed. This case will not pop upon and expell your GPS. A wrist strap is attached with a stainless-steel clasp; also an aid to preventing accidental damage by dropping the unit.

Highly recommended. Remember, it's only 4% of the cost of a $250 GPS

 "Great case for Tomtom Go x20 and x30 series, and more. VIDEO REVIEW" 2010-01-27
By George W. Klepacz (Ohio)

Watch Video Here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1AX77I8XYUXI1 Hi there, I am including a video review so you can see what the product looks like, what it comes with, and you can see a portable GPS in it. I've done one other video review here at Amazon, which didn't work for some odd reason, so if this one doesn't either I'll paste in the Youtube address. The video works! I uploaded in 720p, but it didn't process that way, so if you'd rather see the HD version of this, check out Youtube and look up Case Logic GPSP-2. User namer geocab123. Otherwise, enjoy and I hope this review helps you in your purchasing decision.

Also, to be thorough I'm inlcuding a brief write-up:

I just bought a new Tomtom Go 930 and since it didn't come with a case, I had to buy one separate. I chose this Case Logic GPSP-2 and I'm glad I did. My Go 930 fits inside the case almost perfectly. There is a little bit of play, but not enough for me to worry about any damage to my GPS unit. This case wasn't designed for a specific brand or model so having a bit of play is to be expected. However, there isn't a ton of play and don't expect to really fit anything else inside the case with your GPS. You may fit in you chargning cord, but if you want to carry around everything together, I suggest getting a bigger case.

This case has a stiff construction that gives your GPS unit very adequate protection against normal everyday handling, like putting it in a purse or bag, tossing it in the back seat, bumping your leg as it swings from the wrist strap, etc. The inner walls are lined with a soft felt like material, not with extra padding, but I feel confident that it is enough protection. Trust me, I'm not going to spend a few hundred dollars and skimp out on its protection.

Looks are subjective, but I like the way it looks. :)

If you're looking for a case to haul your GPS around with you so you don't have to leave it in the car where it can be stolen, or you're just looking for a protective case when it's not in use, this is a very good choice. It's affordable, well built, looks nice, and works great.

It fits my Tomtom Go 930, so it'll fit any of the Go x20 and x30 series. I'm not familiar with all the other Tomtom lines, or with Garmin's (although I'll try my buddy's Nuvi when I get a chance and I'll edit this review when I do) but I'm pretty sure if you have a 4.3" screen GPS, you'll be good to go.

EDIT added 2/1/2010: Tried my case with a friend's Garmin Nuvi 750 and it fits with more room than my Tomtom. It probably has enough room for a chargning cord no problem. Part of the reason I won't put anything else in the case with my Tomtom is because of it's shape, I have to face the screen where it would be against anything else I put in the case and I wouldn't trust that. You can see how my Tomtom looks inside in my video. :) The Garmin 750 has more of a square shape so you can face it backwards in the net allowing you to put the other stuff in which will only rub against the back of the device.


fat loss factor review